2011 Harley-Davidson® XL1200C - SPORTSTER
Stock Image: Vivid Black
The 2011 Harley-Davidson Sportster 1200 Low XL1200L is powered with a 1200 cc Evolution engine, the crown jewel of any Harley motorcycle. With a slammed suspension and lowered Harley-Davidson Sportster solo seat, the Harley Sportster 1200 Low has a custom motorcycle look. When sitting on the bike, your hands are on the stainless steel pullback bar and feet placed on the mid mounted foot controls, putting you in a comfortable and confident ridding position. Take some time to review all of the features and specs of the Harley-Davidson Sportster 1200 Low and find out why this custom motorcycle is a must see. Learn more about some of the other Sportster custom motorcycles including the Harley Sportster Iron 883 custom motor bike and the Nightster that has a vintage motorcycle look. Every Sportster offers a true Harley experience. Find the Harley-Davidson Sportster motorcycle you want to ride most! Also take a look at the VRSC motorcycles, the Night Rod Special motorcycle cruiser and V-Rod Muscle power motorbike.
Currently the longest running Harley-Davidson® family in production, your 2011 Sportster® motorcycle is a narrow, nimble and no-nonsense machine that brings a whole new level of fun to every lane, alley and corner you take it through. All the best action happens at street level, with low seat heights and agile handling, these motorcycles get you closer to it.
- Premium styling features: For over half a century, the Sportster® has remained true to its roots. Its unique, authentic styling and premium finishes are the pure essence of the sport, uninhibited and just plain fun. The Sportster® 1200 Low motorcycle is no exception. The 4.5 gallon walnut fuel tank shows off the thick, premium paint and there's just enough chrome to make the bike pop. Bolted in the gut is a gorgeous 1200cc engine with chrome rocker covers that packs a serious punch--and unbelievable experience for an incredible value. This bike proves, once again, that meticulous attention to detail and exceptional quality never waver at The Motor Company.
- Premium paint: Up to two times thicker than the competition, custom quality paint comes standard on all Harley-Davidson® motorcycles. Clearcoat layering up to five mils deep. Bigger metal flakes. Unique effects in the pearl colors. Skimping simply is not in our vocabulary.
- Hand finished fuel tank: All Harley-Davidson® fuel tanks are finished by hand--that's what makes them stand out from the competition. Their seamless design and unmatched style are unique among all motorcycles on the road. The tanks are one of the first and last things people notice when they lay their eyes on a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle--so we make it worth their time.
- Evolution® engine heritage: The Evolution® engine--known in certain crowds as the Blockhead--was first bolted to the frame of a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle back in 1984. Born from legendary Shovelhead and Ironhead engines, the Evolution® engine broke new ground in displacement innovation while maintaining the hunger for power, durability and proven reliability that The Motor Company was built on.
- Evolution® engine innovation: Air-cooled and durable as hell, the 1200cc Evolution® engine is yet another nod to the unwavering work ethic that drives advancements in motor technology at Harley-Davidson®. Aluminum heads and cylinders lighten the load of the bike and improve air-cooling efficiency. Electronic fuel injection says goodbye to carburetors and boasts increased reliability and less routine maintenance. Bottom line: the rubber-mounted Evolution® engine runs hard and rides smooth for thousands of miles so you can just worry about taking in the freedom of the open road.
- Pure Harley-Davidson® styling: Feast your eyes on the 1200cc Evolution® engine and there's no mistaking its roots. This is authentic Harley-Davidson® style through and through with an attention to detail you won't find from any other motorcycle company. Medium gray engine with black powder-coated cylinders and cylinder heads are topped off with polished rocker covers. It's a jewel machined out of metal. Pure. Dripping with power. From the classic edge of the cooling fins to the clean lines of the cases and covers--the 1200cc Evolution® engine makes an ironclad statement to holding on to what's right and staying true to what satisfies the rider.
- Classic Harley-Davidson® rumble: Iconic, fierce, the most distinct decibels you'll ever hear bouncing off city canyons or scenic country landscapes. The sound of a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle has a rich history of its own. It's a classic roar. It's the sound of freedom, soul and self-expression.
- Artfully hidden technology: Harley-Davidson® leverages the latest in technology without compromising style and function. That means we hide electronics. The whole wiring harness is skillfully routed behind the jewels of the bike--the tank, engine and all the other eye-popping features you want to see. It's just another way The Motor Company goes the extra mile to give its bikes that premium, top-of-the-line fit and finish.
- Intuitive controls: Hand controls on a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle are incredibly intuitive. The turn signals are self-canceling and, based on the speed and angle of the motorcycle, they know how long to stay on. Engaging the controls quickly becomes second nature so you can focus less on turning off your signal and more on basking in the freedom of the ride.
- H-D® Smart Security System (optional): The factory installed next-generation security system features a hands-free fob that automatically arms and disarms the vehicle electronic security functions as you approach and walk away from the bike. Stick the fob on your ignition key ring and let it do all the work. It's this attention to details and security that make Harley-Davidson® motorcycles unique.
- Low seat & suspension: The combination of a low front and rear suspension together with a low, narrow seat provides comfort and confidence for riders of all sizes and experience. The one-piece, two-up Sportster® classic seat sits at just 26.3 inches from the ground and features a narrow nose, low forward profile, small passenger pillion and rear Sportster embroidery. The adjustable suspension keeps you close to the road, while power and performance take you to new heights.
- Tuned to be ridden: Harley-Davidson® motorcycles are different from any other bike out on the road. There's a balance to them. The steering, the maneuverability--it's all in concert. And each Harley-Davidson® model is tuned differently to create a unique riding experience for each individual no matter which bike they swing their leg over. Let's face it, we didn't get to where we are by being like everyone else.
- Pull-back handlebar: On the 1200 Low model, the relaxed stainless steel pullback handlebar is about an inch closer to the rider to allow better reach and provide a laid-back riding position for comfort and cruising. When you sink into the saddle, your arms fall naturally on the handlebar.
- Mid-mounted controls: Let your boots fall where they may, naturally to the mid-mounted controls and rider foot pegs on the 1200 Low model. An easy reach and tight rider triangle is confidence-inspiring for new riders eager to set off on their journey and riders whose legs run slightly shorter than others.
- Seat engineering and design: The seat is home for Harley-Davidson® motorcycle riders. They want a seat that has unique style without sacrificing comfort. Because of that, Harley-Davidson® invests a lot of time in researching, designing and testing seats so that every bike has just the right saddle.
- Length: 89.1 in. (2263 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden: 26.3 in. (668 mm)
- Seat Height, Unladen: 28 in. (711 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 4.4 in. (112 mm)
- Rake Steering Head: 29.6°
- Trail: 4.6 in. (117 mm)
- Wheelbase: 60.1 in. (1527 mm)
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal (17 l)
- Oil Capacity: 2.8 qt. (2.6 l)
- Dry Weight: 557 lbs. (252.7 kg)
- Running Order Weight: 581 lbs. (263.5 kg)
- Engine: Air-cooled, Evolution®
- Displacement: 73.3 cu. in. (1200 cc)
- Bore x Stroke: 3.5 in. / 3.812 in. (88.9 mm / 96.8 mm)
- Engine Torque: J1349
- Engine Torque: 79 ft. lbs. @ 4000 rpm (107 Nm @ 3250 rpm)
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Compression Ratio: 9.71
- Primary Drive: Chain, 38/57 ratio
- Fuel Economy City: 42 mpg (5.6 l/100km)
- Fuel Economy Hwy: 57 mpg (4.13 l/100km)
- Gear Ratio 1st: 9.315
- Gear Ratio 2nd: 6.653
- Gear Ratio 3rd: 4.948
- Gear Ratio 4th: 4.102
- Gear Ratio 5th: 3.517
- Front Wheel: Black, 13-Spoke Cast Aluminum
- Rear Wheel: Black, 13-Spoke Cast Aluminum
- Front Tire Size: 100/90-19 57H
- Rear Tire Size: 150/80B16 71H
- Instruments: Handlebar-mounted electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock on odometer, dual tripmeter, low fuel warning light, low oil pressure light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights
- Indicator Lamps: High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, low fuel warning, low battery, security system (optional)
- Front Brakes: Dual-piston
- Rear Brakes: Single-piston
- Exhaust System: Chrome, staggered shorty exhaust with dual mufflers
- 2-year unlimited mileage
- Vivid Black
- Engine Type
- Air-cooled, Evolution®
- 1202 cc (73.3 cu. in.)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.5 in./3.812 in. (88.9 mm/6.8 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- Rear Brakes
- Front Tire
- 100/90-19 57H
- Rear Tire
- 150/80B16 71H
- 60.1 in. (1527 mm)
- Seat Height
- 28 in. (668 mm)
- 30.4 deg.
- 4.6 in. (117 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 gal (17 l)
- City: 42 mpg (5.6 l/100km), Hwy: 57 mpg (4.13 l/100km)
- Dry Weight
- 557 lbs. (252.7 kg)
- Final Drive
- Chain, 38/57 ratio
- Vivid Black