2012 Honda GL500
Stock Image: Black
The Ultimate Scooter
This Honda Silver Wing means serious business. And it’s all thanks to a long list of luxury/comfort features, including full-coverage bodywork, a generous windscreen, and a large, comfortable seat with room for two. Plus it’s all powered by a strong, 582cc two-cylinder engine with liquid cooling and fuel injection, making the Silver Wing one heck of a ride.
Even more, the Silver Wing comes packed with a no-hassle V-Matic automatic transmission and our Anti-lock Brakes for extra confidence in unexpected conditions.
Let the long journey begin, with the Honda Silver Wing.
Made for the Weekend Escape: The Silver Wing is not only good looking, it’s also extremely useful. It’s designed with a huge 5.5-liter underseat storage space—enough to easily hold a full-face helmet. Plus the weather resistant seats are lockable, so you can bring your things and keep them secure.
Intelligently Designed: Honda’s Programmed Fuel injection can be found in the Silver Wing. That means you can always count on easy startups - even in colder weather and at higher altitudes - without ever having to mess with a choke. And you get great mileage, allowing you to spend more time enjoying the day and less time filling up.
Stop on the Dot: Every Silver Wing comes with Honda’s Combined Braking System (CBS) to ensure that making a stop on your scooter is drama free. The 2012 Silver Wing also features anti-lock brakes – a huge benefit when things don’t go according to plan.
- 582cc Fuel Injected Engine: The Silver Wing's 582cc parallel-twin engine means it has plenty of power for two-up riding. Because it uses fuel injection, you get no-hassle startups even in cold weather or at high altitudes.
- Honda V-Matic Transmission: With the V-Matic Transmission, riding couldn't be easier. Just start the engine, twist the gas, and go. The V-Matic means no shifting, ever. The V-Matic is a continuously variable design, so you'll never feel it lurch from one gear to another—you just get smooth power.
- Anti-lock Braking System: ABS is simple: it helps you avoid unplanned skids, and helps take the drama out of stopping on less-than-perfect road surfaces. What's amazing is how good it works, and the fact that you can get it on a scooter!
- Combined Braking System: This innovative system simplifies stopping with confidence. The front and rear brakes are linked in a unique fashion, so when you apply the front brake lever, two of the front three pistons are activated. Apply the rear brake lever and you get the other front brake piston along with the rear. Use both levers together and you get optimal stopping power.
- Bodywork and Windscreen: The Silver Wing's wind-tunnel-developed full-coverage bodywork and windscreen not only look good, but they offer a surprising degree of wind and weather protection—something you'll really appreciate on long rides or on cold mornings.
- Two-Up Seating: Want to take a passenger along? No problem! The Silver Wing's generous two-up seating capacity means he or she will be riding in the lap of luxury!
- Underseat Storage: The Silver Wing offers 55 liters of lockable underseat storage. That's plenty of room for a full-face helmet, or a bag of groceries. It also helps make the Silver Wing super practical for running errands, and makes packing for overnight trips a snap.
- Transmission: Automatic V-Matic belt drive
- Front Suspension: 41 mm hydraulic fork; 4.2 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Swingarm with dual hydraulic shocks with five-position spring-preload adjustability; 4.5 in. travel
- Front Brake: Single 276 mm disc with CBS three-piston caliper
- Rear Brake: Single 240 mm disc with CBS twin-piston caliper
- Front Tire: 120/80-14
- Rear Tire: 150/70-13
- Wheelbase: 63.0 in.
- Seat Height: 29.7 in.
- Curb Weight: 551 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel - ready to ride.)
- Fuel Capacity: 4.2 gal., including 0.9-gal. reserve
- Miles Per Gallon: 46 MPG - Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
- Model Id: FSC600A
- Emissions: Meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) and EPA standards.
- Available Colors: Black
- One Year: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type: 582cc liquid-cooled four-stroke parallel-twin
- Bore And Stroke: 72 mm x 71.5 mm
- Induction: Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) with automatic enricher circuit, four-hole injectors
- Ignition: Computer-controlled fully transistorized with electronic advance
- Compression Ratio: 10.2:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Engine Type
- Four-stroke parallel-twin DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- 582 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 72 mm x 71.5 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) with automatic enricher circuit, four-hole injectors
- Computer-controlled fully transistorized with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm hydraulic fork; 4.2 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 276 mm disc with CBS three-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Suspension
- Swingarm with dual hydraulic shocks with five-position spring-preload adjustability; 4.5 in. travel
- Rear Brakes
- Single 240 mm disc with CBS twin-piston caliper
- Rear Tire
- Underseat: 55 gal.
- Curb Weight
- 551 lb.
- Seat Height
- 29.7 in.
- 63.0 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.2 gal.
- Automatic V-Matic belt drive
- One year transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.