2014 Honda CB 1100
Stock Image: Black
Though the CB1100 pays homage to Honda's long line of capable, reliable and fun street bikes, we wouldn't look to the past without looking forward. This is a modern bike for riders that love to ride. Its1140cc, fuel-injected inline four is powerful and smooth, its chassis and suspension are agile and responsive, and it's comfortable around town or on weekend rides. It’s a bike a whole new generation of riders is going to appreciate.
Transverse-Four Engine: Honda’s inline-fours are timeless—some of the best engines in all of motorcycling. The CB1100 carries that tradition and takes it to the next level, displacing 1140cc and featuring air cooling to look the way many think a bike should—why hide under a fairing?
Steel Chassis: Honda’s original inline-fours and their Grand Prix bikes of the Hailwood era featured twin-loop full-cradle steel chassis in basic black. They looked great, but the CB1100 offers plenty of modern chassis geometry, too. You’ll find this machine handles as well as it looks.
Triple Disc Brakes: Honda’s original CB750 introduced disc brakes to motorcycling’s mainstream. The new CB1100 offers triple discs with huge calipers for excellent stopping ability.
- 1142cc Air-Cooled Engine: With an engine this size, you get power everywhere—enough to go on a spirited street ride, an hour-long cruise or carry a passenger with ease.
- Four-Into-One Exhaust: The CB1100’s four-into-one pipe gives this bike a crisp sound, and the chrome finish is a great highlight, too.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI): Improved cold-weather startups, no-drama high-altitude riding and no choke are just three benefits of PGM-FI.
- 41mm Front Fork: A traditional design, the 41mm front fork features spring preload adjustability and is plenty strong for sporty rides—along with the wide bar, it gives the CB1100 a light feel around town.
- Twin-Shock Rear Suspension: Easy to adjust and equipped with preload adjustability, the CB1100’s rear suspension proves that the traditional design, done right, can still provide excellent handling characteristics.
- Aluminum Swingarm: Combined with the CB1100’s steel-tube full-cradle twin-loop frame, the stout aluminum swingarm is part of the CB1100’s excellent handling package.
- Cast Wheels: Light and easy to keep clean, the CB1100 wheels contribute to the bike’s performance and handling, while acknowledging the timeless look of Honda’s classic machines.
- Triple Disc Brakes: Nothing retro here: the CB1100’s huge twin front discs and single rear disc are drilled for lighter weight and less heat retention, and offer smooth, predictable, powerful stopping capability.
- Timeless Instrumentation: The chrome-rimmed speedometer and tachometer are both analog and easy to read. What could be better than that? The new CB1100 also offers a digital clock, odometer and an updated trip computer for 2014.
- Polished Aluminum Engine Covers: The polished aluminum accents on the CB1100 are more expensive, but they are an example of the quality, design and detail that make the CB1100 a uniquely premium motorcycle.
- Comfortable Riding Position: Honda’s classic inline-fours were very comfortable, and it’s the same for the new CB1100. Ride it for 10 minutes or two hours and you’ll see that it’s one of the easiest-to-live-with machines in any class.
- Engine Type: 1140cc air- and oil-cooled inline four-cylinder
- Bore And Stroke: 73.5 mm x 67.2 mm
- Induction: PGM-FI with automatic enrichment circuit, 32 mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: Digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: #530 O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension: 41 mm fork with spring preload adjustability; 4.2 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Dual shocks with spring preload adjustability; 4.5 in. travel
- Front Brake: Dual four-piston calipers with full-floating 296 mm discs
- Rear Brakes: Single-caliper 256 mm disc
- Front Tire: 110/80-18
- Rear Tire: 140/70-18
- Rake: 27.0 deg. (Caster Angle)
- Trail: 114 mm (4.4 in.)
- Wheelbase: 58.7 in.
- Seat Height: 31.2 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 3.9 gal.
- Curb Weight: 540 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel -- ready to ride.)
- Model Id: CB1100
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Black
- One Year: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- Inline four-cylinder, DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- 1140 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 73.5 mm x 67.2 mm
- Air- and oil-cooled
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with automatic enrichment circuit, 32 mm throttle bodies
- Digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm fork with spring preload adjustability; 4.2 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Dual shocks with spring preload adjustability; 4.5 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual four-piston calipers with full-floating 296 mm discs
- Rear Brakes
- Single-caliper 256 mm disc
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 58.7 in.
- Seat Height
- 31.2 in.
- 27.0 deg. (Caster Angle)
- 114 mm (4.4 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.9 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 540 lb.
- Final Drive
- #530 O-ring-sealed chain
- Standard: Analog
- Standard: Analog
- Standard: Digital
- One year transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.