2016 Honda SHADOW AERO
Stock Image: Candy Red
Old-School Style. New-School Performance.
You don’t kick back and relax in a suit and tie. When you want to take it easy, you slip into something more comfortable, a little more your style. Same with a motorcycle. And time is the test of style. So when you want to go for a nice, relaxed ride, you want a bike that fits you like your favorite leather jacket or your old blue jeans, and one that looks just as chill too. And that’s what the Honda Shadow Aero is all about. Our Shadow line of cruisers are some of the most popular bikes on the road, and one look at the Shadow Aero will tell you why. Features like its spoked wheels, full fenders and long, chromed mufflers are all about taking it easy and looking good while you’re doing it. But the Aero rider also gets some thoroughly modern performance courtesy of this bike’s 745cc V-twin engine, specially tuned for low-revving torque. Maintenance-reducing features like shaft final drive make the Aero easy to own. And best of all, the Aero is a huge bargain, giving you a big-bike ride without the big-bike price.
V-Twin Power: There’s nothing like a V-twin when it comes to cruising. And the Shadow Aero gets one of our best: a 745cc powerplant that provides plenty of torque and a wide, user-friendly powerband.
The Right Sound: The Aero features a custom two-into-two exhaust system, flowing into bullet-style mufflers. The result is a soul-stirring sound that's classic V-twin cruiser, making the Aero a bike that sounds as good as it looks.
Retro Meets Modern: Cruisers should be about getting out and having fun, not about maintenance headaches. That’s why the Aero’s shaft final drive makes so much sense. Clean, virtually maintenance-free and efficient, it’s the smart choice.
- V-Twin Engine: Nothing pumps out the torque like a big V-twin. The Aero’s power makes it perfect for both around-town cruising, commutes and casual weekend-long rides.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI): Forget about fiddling with a choke—the Shadow's fuel injection system means no-hassle startups on cold mornings or at high altitudes, and optimal performance in any condition.
- 2-Into-2 Exhaust System: Sleek pipes feature bullet-style mufflers for that classic cruiser style of yesteryear. Large-diameter head pipes and 2-into-2 system design combine to put out true, V-twin cruiser sound.
- Five-Speed Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed transmission lets you cruise the boulevard at a low, unhurried pace, yet allows you hop on the highway without revving the engine through the roof.
- Front-Disc Brake: If there’s one place you DON’T want retro performance, it’s your brakes. That’s why we gave the Shadow Aero a 296mm front disc for distinctly modern stopping power.
- Spoked Wheels: Spoked wheels give the Aero a classic look.
- Full Front Fender: Wide metal front fender gives the Aero a classic styling touch.
- Comfortable Saddle: Broad, low-slung solo seat features a detachable passenger seat.
- Low Seat Height: Skimming the pavement at just 25.9 inches, the Aero’s low seat height makes flat-footing it at stoplights or in parking lots a breeze. And the Aero’s narrow seat/tank junction makes it feel even lower.
- Chrome Highlights: Chrome highlights include cylinder-head cover, air-cleaner cover, engine sidecovers, brake and clutch-lever brackets, rear brake pedal, shift lever, handlebar, rear shock covers and more.
- Engine Type: 745cc liquid-cooled 52 degree V-twin
- Bore And Stroke: 79 mm x 76 mm
- Induction: PGM-FI with automatic enrichment circuit, 34 mm throttle body
- Ignition: Digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Front Suspension: 41 mm fork; 4.6 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Dual shocks with five-position spring-preload adjustability; 3.5 in. travel
- Front Brake: Single 296 mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brake: 180 mm drum
- Front Tire: 120/90-17
- Rear Tire: 160/80-15
- Rake: 34 deg. (Caster Angle)
- Trail: 161 mm (6.3 in.)
- Wheelbase: 64.5 in.
- Seat Height: 25.9 in.
- Curb Weight: 560 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 3.7 gal., including 0.9-gal. reserve
- Miles Per Gallon: 56 MPG - Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
- Model Id: VT750CF
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Candy Red
- One Year: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- 52 deg. V-twin
- Bore and Stroke
- 79 mm x 76 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with automatic enrichment circuit, one 34 mm throttle body
- Digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm fork; 4.6 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Dual shocks with five-position spring-preload adjustability; 3.5 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 296 mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- 180 mm drum
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 64.5 in.
- Seat Height
- 25.9 in.
- 34 deg. (Caster Angle)
- 161 mm (6.3 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.7 gal.
- 56 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 560 lb.
- Wide-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive
- Candy Red
- One Year transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.